The late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was an advocate for equality and a force to be reckoned with. It’s our time to take up the mantle and continue the fight.
Here are 10 iconic quotes to remember RBG by:
- “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”
- “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
- “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.”
- “Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time.”
- “I don’t say women’s rights—I say the constitutional principle of the equal citizenship stature of men and women.”
- “Feminism [is the] notion that we should each be free to develop our own talents and not be held back by man made barriers.”
- “If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me.”
- “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
- “People ask me sometimes… ‘When will there be enough women on the court?’ And my answer is: ‘When there are nine.’”
Lastly, RBG had this to say about her legacy:
- “To make life a little better for people less fortunate than you, that’s what I think a meaningful life is. One lives not just for oneself but for one’s community.”
We commemorate the late Supreme Court Justice and her 27-year tenure with words. However, we have a duty to go further. Now, it’s time to turn words into action.
Here are 5 unbiased and dependable resources to use and support: